Southern Hills Mennonite Church is looking for a responsible part time Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our pastors and assisting in daily office needs, as well as managing our church’s general administrative activities. This is a part time, 20-25 hours per week position.
Responsibilities include general office management, answering phones, greeting guests, preparing reports and maintaining appropriate filing systems. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools, like MS Word and Excel and office equipment. Experience and a comfort level using social media is preferred. Previous office experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus